Burnt 125 amp Circuit Breaker
Click here to download file
On the 12 March 2015 we were called to a Customer's switch board fault. Upon inspection found door showing signs of a start of a fire, through the visual burns on the escutcheon.
The 125 amp Circuit Breaker had caught fire, possibly through loose connections or fatigue. This circuit breaker feeds a cool room full of product, in this instance we were able to save the potential loss of product/income for the customer.
Regular Thermal Imaging may have identified problems before this event occurred saving downtime and potential losses.
We can only highly recommend regular Thermal Imaging Reports be undertaken by our customers as a safeguard for their businesses.